After more than two years working on industrial symbiosis (IS), the INSIGHT partners published a Blueprint Report where they identify 5 priorities to boost the uptake of IS through the empowerment of a new professional profile, the Industrial Symbiosis Facilitator. These priorities are:
- Inform: raise awareness of stakeholders about the concept, opportunities, challenges and benefits of IS to accelerate its application;
- Train: develop and upgrade technical and non-technical capacities of stakeholders to successfully create and implement IS strategies;
- Finance: incentivise IS through economic tools to tackle economic barriers and support its planning and its implementation;
- Connect: facilitate networking between companies and key stakeholders to share experience and challenges in order to promote IS;
- Frame: eliminate legal barriers, create a common framework of intentions, policies and strategies for the CE and IS
For each priority, a set of recommendations is detailed in the Blueprint Document available online.
Do you agree with these priorities?
Do you also believe that facilitators have a key role in enabling industrial symbiosis?
Show your support for industrial symbiosis and its facilitation by signing the INSIGHT Memorandum of Understanding.
By doing so, you will be part of a network of organisations across Europe that commit to use the levers at their disposal coherently to support the priorities of the INSIGHT blueprint for Industrial Symbiosis and its facilitation.
You can sign the Memorandum of Understanding in no less than 5 languages: French, Italian, Slovenian, Spanish and Romanian.